Charlie and the Chocolate factory'Charlie' is a fantastically popular story with youngsters and a brilliant tale. You can buy a play version from Puffin but you may find it is not entirely suitable for you. You may like to ask your pupils (or cast) to list the most important parts of the story and ask them how to act them. It would be brilliant for your literacy work and it need only be very simple. And it would be the children's own work!
Whatever you choose, I have written 11 great songs to accompany the action.
1. The Brat song (for the 4 repulsive children who win the first tickets)
2. The Bucket Song (about how poor Charlie's family is)
3. Holy Moses (The song for when Charlie finds the last golden ticket)
4.Wonka's Welcome (The song Mr Wonka sings at the start of the tour)
5. Oompa rap (A song for the Oompa Loompas)
6,7,8,9. One More's Gone A song as each of the ghastly children meet a grisly end
10.Charlie's Welcome (the same as Wonka's Welcome but now Charlie owns the factory) and
11. Didn't He Do Well - a song to close the show.
Duration: approx 45 minutes
Number of Songs: 11
£17.50 Score for piano